Krav Maga Bristol Training Etiquette
Krav Maga is a modern system of training and has minimal rules and rituals compared to martial arts generally. However Krav Maga does have some simple rules of etiquette to enable students to get the most out of training.
- Classes begin at 7pm prompt, please be ready arrive by 6:50 pm.
- Krav Maga starts with an opening circle where the session training objectives are outlined. This is a time to mention any injuries that may effect training.
- When training, shake hands and introduce yourself to new training partners if you dont know each other.
- No drugs or alcohol of any kind are to be consumed prior to the class – you will be asked to leave.
- When the instructor is demonstrating techniques or coaching in class, please wait quietly paying attention to the coaching points covered.
- If you are late for class wait by thee side of the training area and wait for the permission from the Coach.
- If you need to leave the hall or leave earlier you must ask inform the coach.
- Talking should be kept to a minimum level and should relate to the class subject.
- No swearing foul language inside the school.
- Keep fingernails and toenails short for everyone’s safety.
- Personal hygiene is a must. Please shower, use antiperspirant for every class.
- All students and Instructors must wear British Krav Maga T shirts training.
- Training kit must be clean at all times. Dirty kit is a sign of disrespect.
- Refer to instructors by their first name or as Coach.
- All metal objects, jewelry, piercing, necklaces and other items should be removed.
- No food or drink on the mat.
- All mobile phones to be on silent or turned off during training.
- Treat all partners with respect, in sparring or fighting always work at the level of the least able – remember everyone has to start somewhere.